Race2Recovery Racing Team Limited ("We" or “Race2Recovery”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Race2Recovery Racing Team Limited of 21 St. Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JS.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.race2recovery.com or www.race2recovery.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for update or contacting us via our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• Information you provide to us in the event that you are taking part in any activities, events or campaigns which we might run;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of donations made, including debit or credit card details or mobile telephone number if your donation is made through a text message.
• Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
• If you enter or participate in an activity in support of Race2Recovery, we will collect personal information from you, including in relation to your health.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
These websites may also contain content embedded from other sites, for example, YouTube, which in turn may set their own cookies.
YouTube: to disable a YouTube cookie please refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZCsGbkcCo.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with our services;
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, where you have subscribed for updates.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• Processing a donation that you have made
• To manage your participation in fundraising activities for, among other things, your safety.
We may also use your data to provide you with information by post when requested by you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text) with information requested by you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we dispose of, acquire or merge with another charity in which case we may disclose your personal data.
• If Race2Recovery is acquired by third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Last Updated: 26 June 2012